Diet Slimming: This is what the endocrinologist Sara GOTTFRIED eats in one day!


 

Trained at Harvard University, Dr. Sara Gottfried is an endocrinologist specializing in the management of diseases closely related to hormones. She will unveil her recipes for delicious and balanced meals to stay healthy!

 

" In addition to being an endocrinologist, I am a certified gynecologist practicing functional medicine, but I also hold the position of" full-time mom ". In addition, I am the personal driver of my daughters, a devoted wife and also a spiritual seeker!

   

My food philosophy: Eating to balance hormones  

 

I help women balance their hormones naturally by starting with their diet.

My motto is "food first! " I believe passionately that good nutrition is essential to stay healthy and keep the line. But composing your meals is not an easy task ...

 

Personally, I had trouble choosing the right foods, it was a challenge for me. But as I began to compose my meals intelligently by integrating foods rich in nutrients and delicious.

 

I gain weight easily. Some members of my family are diabetic, which

increases my risk of having this disease, and finally I am constantly exposed to stress .

 

So I try to adopt an effective strategy for my diet!

I prefer foods that are gluten-free, high in fiber and that stabilize the level of sugar in the blood without increasing the level of cortisol. I also opt for a variety of foods and drinks that are packed with nutrients to boost my immune

system and boost energy. 

 

On the other hand, I suffer from hypothyroidism, so I try my best to avoid foods that cause hypothyroidism (known as goitrogens), such as cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage ...) . 

 

My diet consists mainly of fermented foods because they are natural

probiotics helping to reset my insulin, which prevents the accumulation of abdominal fat .

   

Balancing your hormones: the menu for a typical day  

The breakfast :  

 

I start my day sipping a cup of green tea with a slice of lemon and I take a

glass of filtered water. Then I prepare my breakfast.

 

In a bowl I mix 30 g of gluten-free oatmeal boiled with sea salt and steamed

with 30 g of freshly ground flaxseed, 1 pinch of cinnamon, 1 pinch of sea salt

and 100 g of raspberries or other seasonal fruits. Finally, I eat 2 fried eggs

cooked with a fillet of coconut oil or 1 yogurt with goat's milk or sheep's milk.

   

Breakfast :  

 

For lunch, I take 100 g of protein, 100 g of sauteed vegetables and a salad of raw vegetables.

   

Example:  

 

- 100 g of white fish 

- 100 g of sauteed vegetables (carrot, red onion, zucchini) 

- 1 salad of vegetables ( tomato , lettuce, lemon)

   

The dinner:  

 

- 100 g of chicken breast 

- 100 g of grated cauliflower 

- 50 g of fermented vegetables (carrots, beetroot, turnip, onion, ginger and lemon zest) 

- a salad of raw vegetables (arugula, carrots, heart of palm, pesto sauce and seasoning)

 

To balance your hormones, opt for a healthy and varied diet in harmony with the needs of your body. This type of diet will allow you to stay healthy while keeping the line. And finally, please hydrate your body by consuming at least 1.5L of water a day.

 

Previous Post Next Post